Import Full Formated Text

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Nov 19 15:35:32 EST 2003

> QUESTION: Two people have said "you can't create a fully-functional
> word processor" - Is this a license issue. I must not have read that
> part if it is. I am lazy at times in reading small print so I
> must have
> missed this. HHMMMM. Now I want to know what else I can't do......

Actually, Tom, it has to do with what Rev can do with a field. Here's a
quick list of things you can do in Word that you can't do in a Rev
field:

  - Different alignments for different paragraphs
  - Different margins for different paragraphs
  - Different indents for different paragraphs
  - Different tab stops for different paragraphs
  - Different kinds of tab stops (left, center, right, decimal)
  - Space before/after a paragraph
  - Widow/orphan control

... and I'm sure there are dozens more. And this is just talking about
text management; not including all the other benefits that a fully
featured word processor has like page breaks, print preview, spell
checking, etc.

One of these days perhaps Rev will get there, but right now it isn't
even close.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software