Help with Lists

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Wed Nov 19 11:37:00 EST 2003

On Nov 19, 2003, at 3:38 AM, David Burgun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to make a window that has a list of items arranged in colunms
> as:
>

> ColA    ColB     ColC     ColD   ColE
>
> I need to be able to have the user click on any of the "Cols" and have
> the list sorted by that field. Also I need to be able to Option Drag
> the colunms so as to rearrange them, as in:\\
>
> ColB     ColC   ColA     ColD   ColE
Assuming the items are TAB delimited, all you need to do is create a
header button (2nd column in this example) and put the following script
in it:
on mouseUp
   set the itemDelimiter to tab
   sort lines of field "Field Name" by item 2 of each
end mouseUp

> If the user Dragged "ColA" onto "ColC".
I haven't worked with dragging yet so I'll let someone else answer that.

Bill Vlahos