Rev and MySQL under MacOSX

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 19 10:05:22 EST 2003

Hi Joel,

I'm just getting started with RR and MySQL myself; however, about
this...

On Nov 19, 2003, at 7:18 AM, Joël Guillod wrote:

> Could anyone help me in this issue? I have developed an application
> with
> Revolution and MySQL and all works fine. But when the application is
> launched on the same machine under MacOSX by a user logged without
> administrative rights, the application is not able to connect to the
> MySQL
> DBMS. Any idea? How did you deploy your Rev-MySQL standalone?

Here is a test for you to try.  On the same machine where you are
having problems, try connecting to your database using the same user
information as your RR app uses, but do it from the command line.

For example:

mysql --user=xxx --password=yyy --database=zzz

This assumes that the mysql command is  in your path.  The normal
installer on osx puts it in:

/usr/local/mysql/bin

(well it puts in in /usr/local/... whatever, but creates a symbolic
link at /usr/local/mysql)

So you may have to do this:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql ....

But try that.  If you can access it ok then there is a problem with
your RR app.  But I suspect you will find that you have not granted the
user rights to access the database.

--gordon