set the topLeft of fld "F" to the selectedLoc

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Nov 18 22:48:30 EST 2003

Eric,

Perhaps the object that is executing the script is removing the
insertion point from the field. If you are clicking a button to see this
happen, you'll need to turn off the traversalOn property of the button.
I just tried it with two fields and a button which had the script:

on mouseUp
  set the left of fld 2 to (item 1 of the selectedLoc)
end mouseUp

and it worked just fine, but only after I turned off the traversalOn
property.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com