COMMON DIALOO BOXES

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Tue Nov 18 06:14:45 EST 2003

Not quite that green!  I have written a text-editor (High
Tech!!!) which can save and retrieve text documents: what I
need is a window that opens and allows the user to navigate
with mouse clicks to where they want to open/save a file in
their directory structure.

Richmond

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:44:59 +0100
 Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
> Hi Richmond,
>
> >Wow, I'm as green as a cabbage!
>
> Greenhorn ;-)
>
> >There I am sitting in a Visual Basic class
>
> What a pity :-(
>
> >learning about OPEN/SAVE dialog boxes and suddenly I
> >realise I haven't a clue how to implement them in
> >RR................
> >
> >Any help ..... ???
>
> Yo... :-)
>
> Open:
>
> on xxx
>   answer file "Is there any beer left?" ## with filter
> ... see the dox
> ->"filter"
>   if the result = "cancel" then exit xxx
>   ## do something with "it" = the filename
> end xxx
>
> Save:
>
> on yyy
>   ask file "Where to store the remaining beer (if any)?:"
>    if the result = "cancel" then exit yyy
>   put fld "data to store" into url("file:" & it)
>   ## etc...
> end yyy
>
> Hpe that helps...
>
> >Richmond Mathewson