Windows Misery

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Nov 17 16:38:07 EST 2003

Graham,

Probably a memory error playing all those GIF's. Win98 and ME were notrious
at mismanaging memory. My suggestion is to turn OFF the various animated
gifs (set the repeatcount of img "test.gif" to 0) and see if it doesn't
help.

Else, try and display as few anim gifs as possible at a time.

You should be able to view the stack memory (ctrl-alt-delete or
ctrl-shift-esc) and watch what happens when you open the card with all the
gifs on it.

If that didn't work, and you still needed the animation, I would suggest
scripting the animation into a handler using regular gifs or pngs. So that
your stack received a message every 30 milliseconds or so telling each
button to change to the next image.

Good luck,

Chipp