How to add a field to a stack of 50 cards

Jason Rippetoe jason at rippetoe.com
Mon Nov 17 01:53:01 EST 2003

On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 12:00  AM, Yves Coppe wrote:

>> Hello people
>>
>> Thanks all for your contribution to my query.
>>
>> Questions:
>>     Does RR use more resources by putting a Field on 50 cards then if
>> you create that field to act as background on the 1st card
>>
>>     What about creating a invisible group on card 1 when 1st creating
>> the stack and make it act as background.  Then after 50 or a 1000
>> cards, if you decide you need another field, goto card 1 edit the
>> group and create yout field inside the group. Would that work?
>>

> Merely : YES

I have used a group as a background in my current project, but when
adding another item to the group I get a warning that the group will be
removed from any other cards which use it. Then I have to manually
place the group back on the cards that Rev removed it from. Luckily,
it's easy to do with a script from the message box, but is there a way
to add items to a group without having Rev remove the group from the
cards where it currently resides?

Curious,

-Jason