Save in Standalone

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 17 13:01:28 EST 2003

Pierre Bernaert wrote:

> One confusing point  for me is the fact that a stack (Or substack)
> could be a .rev which means to me that running this stack needs
> Revolution environment and no extension would mean that it has been
> build as a standalone  application.
> Am I right ??

You can change a file extension to anything you like.  For background on how
various OSes deal with file associations use the Documentation Search in
Rev's help menu and search for "documents".

The situation with Rev is pretty much as it is with all applications:  the
standalone is the executable, and data is stored outside the executable.
All OSes require this, except for Mac OS but with OS X adopting the industry
standard way of doing thing (no writing to the executable at runtime) is
recommended.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation