Faceless CGI: force output to be interpreted by Apache

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sun Nov 16 23:59:04 EST 2003

On Nov 16, 2003, at 8:11 PM, Sannyasin Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Problem: stnOut from an xTalk CGI script is not parsed by apache..
> there or the SSI calls to apache's "include" module are not triggered.

How have you come to this determination, and what are the SSI calls you
are making? I think the SSI exec command is what you want, not SSI
include command.

I've never used SSI and CGI together, but my old O'Reilly CGI
programming book has an example showing this form of the command:
<!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/random.pl"-->

There is no reason it wouldn't work with a Rev script instead of a Perl
script.

BTW I seem to remember SSI exec might often be disabled in web server
configurations for security reasons. Not sure about that though.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>