What's Really Important/feedback please

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Nov 15 20:56:54 EST 2003

Hi Judy,

> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:32:52 -0800 (PST)
> From: Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu>
> Subject: Re: What's Really Important/feedback please

> Still, the current IDE has no 'scaffolding' (as they say in the ed biz) to
> assist people who know nothing at all about scripting or making things
> themselves, so perhaps any little contribution as I can make will be
> better than nothing.
I think the sets of Help docs (Recipes, Tutorial, Dictionary, etc.) are
supposed to do this, but I know what you mean.

There should be some structured method of building useful stacks with no
need for writing Transcript. Like HyperStudio, but an even simpler
interface. Offer a slew of stack templates, including palettes, canned
buttons and fields, etc.

Develp a little bot to help the user decide what to use to assemble their
stack from a selection of prescripted parts.

Ken N.