What's Really Important/feedback please

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Nov 15 20:22:15 EST 2003

Hi Judy,

> Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:10:58 -0800 (PST)
> From: Judy Perry <jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu>
> Subject: Re: What's Really Important/feedback please

> Thank you for the feedback, but I can see that as usual I have been less
> clear than is required.
---------
Not really your fault, but mine. I thought you were putting together a
tutorial with an interface using Rev to emulate HC, geared for beginner
students, but I guess your attempting to build a simplified GUI.

I'm not sure exactly what you're doing, but I would submit the same
principals apply.

A) Provide a way to express ideas before actually building anything...a
"What do you want to do?" stack that points to aids for building a project.

B) Substacks that have access to and demo the elements you will use, menus,
objects, windows, etc. That is, e.g., you can pick and place buttons and
fields from a selection of "canned" (prescripted) objects. Like a Navigation
palette or a scrolling list field of Web URL favorites.

C) A substack for demonstrating the "group" concept.

D) A set of side-by-side windows 1) Animation shows the steps in building an
app, and 2) The user follows along in a 'You try it' window.

Not sure...but perahps you might want to look at PreceptorTools. The Rev
site link seems to be broken, though.

HTH,
Ken N.