Help with AppleEvents

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Nov 15 12:40:09 EST 2003

On Saturday, November 15, 2003, at 07:28 AM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> As my goal is to minimize non-Transript code, I have to ask:
>
> Couldn't Dar's Discovery stack replace the first AppleScript handler?

It could be enhanced to provide any appletalk info the server can find
out about its machine.  (There is a bug in the address property on Mac
OS 9, but it might be usable if all you need is the computer name.)

However, in many systems the configuration is fixed and a simple
configuration file shared among computers would be sufficient.  Some
might have the role of the computers represented in the computer names
and all this might be "hardwired" in the transcript code.

Dar Scott