First Edited Message Threads Posted - Reactions?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Nov 15 02:26:47 EST 2003

On Oct 25, 2003, at 1:49 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> I've posted the first dozen message threads from this list in edited,
> threaded form on my Web site at http://www.revolutionpros.com. Click
> on "Best of List" in the top nav to see them.

Dan and Listees;

Dan's "Best of the List" aggregation is a good resource, but it could
just as well go in the Tips/Stacks sections of RevNet plugin. Or at
RevJournal. Or- at the runrev.com site itself. It seems as if all these
forums have the potential for fragmenting what is already a relatively
small community.

There is style of summary/commentary that has been going on in the
python-dev mailing list/newsgroup for a few years. See
<http://www.python.org/dev/summary/> for examples of this writing
style. It's a good concise form and it's posted right to the list in
plaintext to the list, and in a hypertext form for archiving on the
website.

So the python mailing list has a good system, IMHO:
usenet newsgroup <-> mailing list <-> summaries <-> web archive

In any case, kudos to all you who are experimenting with "web forums"
and publishing real content (Dan Shafer, Alan Golub) and
howtos/tutorials (Richard Gaskin, Ken Ray, Jacqueline, Dar... others).

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>