Help with AppleEvents

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Nov 14 20:49:23 EST 2003

>I tried this also, but still comes back with "no such program". Has
>anyone ever used AppleEvents FROM Revolution using the "send to
>program"?  I am faithfully following the Transcript dictionary.

Hi Paul,

Hopefully Jan Schenkel will chime in soon.  Last March he reported to
the revolution_ipc group,

>- send to program works on the same Mac
>- send to program doesn't work between two Macs

I believe Jan later reported he had an AppleScript workaround for the
problem; but I can't find it in my archives.

FWIW, the rev_ipc group will be addressing Apple event communication
in a future release of our libIPC.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company