Path to Application AppleScript

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Nov 12 17:52:04 EST 2003

This is going to give horrible line wrap problems :-) but it works (Mac
OS 10.3.1).
Set the creator ID in the second line (you could have Revolution insert
a variable in there). Then there is a blank line, a comment line to
show the format of the result, then the line that actually does the
work, starting with "set theApp" and ending with the second "as
string)". That is all on one line.
Then there is another blank line before the "return" and the "end tell"

Hope this helps,
Sarah

tell application "Finder"
	set theCreator to "MSIE"

	-- this returns "Sarah HD:Applications:Internet Explorer.app"
	set theApp to (container of application file id theCreator as string)
& (name of application file id theCreator as string)

	return theApp
end tell