Problems with copy text

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Nov 12 14:59:21 EST 2003

Hi Bill,

> I have a list field which I populate with data and search. When a
> search entry is found in the field
> I set the hilitedline of it so that the user sees a line found in
> addition to the outlined word.
>
> This looks fine but when I try to copy it nothing gets to the
> clipboard. If I click on the line
> and select copy then the correct information goes to the clipboard.

Really?

Here nothing gets copied when i select a line in a listfield and do
"copy"...

Anyway, you can do the "copy thingie" manually by adding these lines
where necessary:

set clipboarddata["text"] to line (the hilitedlines of fld "Directory")
of fld "Directory"

You get the picture...

> Here is the find script which is the script of a field:
>
> local lineNumberFound
> on keyDown
>     find empty -- gets rid of the find box around text and resets find
> to the beginning
>     pass keyDown
> end keyDown
> on keyUp
>   find field "Search Text" in field "Directory"
>   put the foundLine into lineNumberFound
>   set the hilitedLine of field "Directory" to word 2 of lineNumberFound

## here,

> end keyUp
> on returnInField
>   send mouseUp to button "Find Next"
>   put the foundLine into lineNumberFound
>   set the hilitedLine of field "Directory" to word 2 of lineNumberFound

##here...

> end returnInField
> on arrowKey theKey
>   if theKey is "up" then put word 2 of lineNumberFound - 1 into
> lineNumberFound
>   if theKey is "down" then put word 2 of lineNumberFound + 1 into
> lineNumberFound
>   set the hilitedLine of field "Directory" to lineNumberFound --
> actually hilite line

## and/or here...
## Works for me...

>   --  put the "Line " & hilitedLine of field "Directory" into
> lineNumberFound -- "Line " is a dummy to get the number as 2nd word
> end arrowKey
>
> Is there something else I need to set in the search to "really" select
> the line?

No, should work this way...

> Mac OS 10.3.1 Rev 2.1.2

Dito :-)

Hope this helps and hope i understood you right ;-)

> Bill Vlahos

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de