Windows 95 Compatibility?

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 11 17:29:45 EST 2003

I'm trying to build an app which is giving trouble in Windows 95 and 98 and
maybe ME, but works flawlessly under Windows XP. (The Mac versions work OK
too.) Today I noticed that if you look at the properties of the app (the
.EXE file), under Windows XP you can set the program to work in 'Windows 95
compatible' mode. I don't really know what this means (I do most of my work
on Macs) but when I try to run the program after setting this option, all
the colours go wrong, the cursor appears to be negative (black with a white
cursor shape in the middle) and some graphics disappear. Can anyone tell me
what this all means? I don't have a copy of Windows 95 in my current
location to do proper testing so it might have been useful to be able to
use this Windows feature if I could make it work.

TIA

Graham