Questions about experiences

T. R. Ponn alptex2 at orwell.net
Tue Nov 11 07:48:57 EST 2003

Björnke von Gierke wrote

> Did you experience that you wanted to make a project, but where unable
> to do it with runrev? For example because a technology was not
> supported, not fast enough or because it was otherwise not up to the task?

> DId you realise any projects that you did not think that it would be
> possible to do with runrev?

Being an antique HC lover since version 1.0 hit the streets, I entered
into my latest project with many fears about limitations.  I mean, after
all, it IS *only* an xTalk!  Wow...I am completely blown away with what
I've been able to do.  So far, I've found NO limits with Rev.  I'm sure
I'll hit them sooner or later...but to date...nadda!

I have 2 associates who warned me about wasting time...one is in love
with Linux & JAVA, the other Windows/ C++/ VB.  At every turn, I heard
the same doubts from them (echoed in my head, as well).  Between RunRev
and the wonderful ppl on this list, my project is complete (well,
perhaps it will never be done ;-) ).  My associates are now keenly
interested in this RunRev IDE! :-D

BTW...this took 6 months from a cold start (except for the HC
background), and Rev1.1.1.  You can download a copy of our app from our
website.  There are 3 standalones there...Mac PPC, Windows and Linux.
 It's rather specialized SW...meant to control an embedded system...so
it's real meaning may be lost on those not familiar with the embedded world.

I am totally and completely in Love with Rev.

Best Regards,

Tim Ponn