Questions about experiences

Mark Powell Mark.Powell at veritas.com
Tue Nov 11 01:25:25 EST 2003

Bjoernke:

I'll echo what Alex wrote (i.e. extolling its positives).  I spent seven
years at Apple Computer in the early 90s on a team that delivered technical
documentation using a home-grown HyperCard engine.  I was never a
programmer, but over the course of that time I became very proficient at
understanding the texture of HC.  It was like that dream where I was in a
foreign country but could somehow speak flawlessly in the local language.

Then I woke up!  I left Apple, entered the Wintel-dominated work force, and
all my HC skills were for nothing.

Nevering finding equivalent time to learn some other SDE, I was never able
to automate tasks as I would like and found myself hamstrung in trying to do
what I knew an X-Talk SDE would allow me to do.  Simple things, most of
them.  When I stumbled across Revolution last summer, I swear I felt like
singing Amazing Grace ("that once I was lost, and now I am found").

Not to sound too much the groupie, but without Revolution, I'd be blind,
deaf, and mute (metaphorically speaking).

Mark Powell