OS 10.3 no launch Rev docs -- apple script ???

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Nov 11 00:52:54 EST 2003

On Nov 10, 2003, at 6:40 PM, Brian Thomas wrote:
> "There is no default application specified to open the document "If
> Monks had Macs"

Brian, I would recommend using both a creator code and a file extension
for binding the document type to the App. Apple's OS X "Launch
Services" system is pretty complex and if you use both the creator and
extension you are making the bindings more reliable. It appears MIME
types is now a 3rd option for binding documents to apps- I don't know
when that was added maybe with 10.3.

If you are feeling adventurous

XCode has a GUI interface for creating an Info.plist file with various
application bundle settings, including document types. You can use
XCode just for creating an Info.plist file with exactly the information
you need. You can then take the Info.plist file and put it into your OS
X app bundle in place of the Revolution generated one.

Install Dev Tools CD
Launch XCode.app
Choose New Project
Choose Cocoa Document-based Application
Type any Project Name
Finish
Expand "Targets"
Select your target
Command-i or click Inspector in toolbar
Properties button
Enter all your information
Copy the Info.plist file from your Project's folder into your Rev
standalone app bundle.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>