Window Resizing Head-scratcher...

Jason Rippetoe jason at rippetoe.com
Mon Nov 10 20:08:31 EST 2003

Hi Ken;

Before I posted to the list I had looked at the description of
windowBoundingRect in the Rev documentation and didn't think that it
was the solution I was looking for, though as I've said before, I'm not
a programmer and it's quite possible that I'm not understanding the
concept well. I do try to figure things out on my own before
approaching the list (if only to save myself from looking stupid by
asking the most obvious questions!)

In this case, I did try the windowBoundingRect suggestion before I
stumbled on my own solution and it had no effect. I added it to the
preOpenStack script and there was no change in the behavior.

The fact that I know how to solve the problem is my main concern- I've
found plenty of odd behavior in the Rev IDE as I've been building this
project and I guess that learning the workarounds and limitations are
part of the package. I'm still puzzled by WHY it happens, even with the
explanations and educated guesses that have been presented, especially
in light of the fact that sub-stacks open perfectly without the
problem. But the bottom line is, I now know how to fix it and that's
enough for me!

Thanks to everyone who puzzled through this with me... don't worry- I
have lots more questions now that this one is put to rest!

-Jason