Window Resizing Head-scratcher...

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 10 13:14:10 EST 2003

Hi,

I tried Jason's work around and sure enough when switching resolutions
it did not resize this time. That is weird.
> 3. I found a work-around. I added the following to the preOpenStack in
> the Stack script:
> set the height of me to 600
> set the width of me to 800
> Waddya know... it works!
This did the trick for me. But why would doing this stop it from
resizing when it should not have in the first place????
It seems a resize command is being sent to the development environment
when the resolution/screen size is changed and that REV is ignoring my
don't resize setting. It should not ignore it.
I wanted to keep the decorations but still not allow a resize but if a
resolution/screen size was changed it still did a resize.
I am going to have to hide the menu bar and hide the task bar and set
the decorations to empty in order to make it work.

But what I wanted was no OS menu bar but still keep a title bar at the
top of my window and have it 800x600 static and no resize by the user.
But the resolution/screen resize still made the stack resize.

Tom