2.1.1 better and reliable ... but

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Nov 10 11:17:56 EST 2003

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003  Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com> wrote

Beating a dead horse: what keyboard issue? I don't think that's been
mentioned in this conversation previously.  (snip)

So "being unable to use the correct keyboard" may be a large issue
(sounds like it)
 (snip)

regards,

Geoff Canyon

Hi Geoff,

Already on Oct 8th I sent a post about this bug ("Rev 2.1.1 enforces
U.S.A. keyboard") and I had an exchange about that offlist with Tuviah
the same day.

>     Rev 2.1.1 enforces a U.S.A. keyboard layout no matter what keyboard
> language is set in the Windows control panel.
>
> This begins with the "unlock dialog" and holds everywhere for text in
> fields, scripts, and custom properties.
>
> Rev 2.1 allows me to use my own selected language.
>
> This certainly needs a quick repair. It is an engine bug - not the IDE -
> as you have the same problem with Metacard, too.

Since last Friday in version 2.1.2 this bug has been fixed.

There seems to be an internal communication problem within the Rev team?

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke