need advice form Guru - traffic light app (Ernst M. Reicher)

opus.species at wanadoo.fr opus.species at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 10 02:12:18 EST 2003

> I want to make an application which shoes something like traffic lights
> in a small window on 5 computers in a network.

There is a easy (leasy) way to perform your goal if your 5 computers can
access a shared folder.
Let each computer update periodically in the shared folder in small text
file what contains the ticks and the color of the computer.
Reading the file of the other computers, each computer can know if the
other are working or not and their color.

Claude Lemmel