Converting times

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Sun Nov 9 17:38:50 EST 2003

Neil,

OS 9 handles daylight saving in a very different way to OS X. In OS 9
it is an option that you turn on in the control panel, OS X just does
it on it's own and you can't over-ride it. I guess it gets the data
directly from the time servers or it has it built into the selectable
locations. I don't know how Windows does it, but obviously OS 9 behaves
much better :-)

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au