Need Help Resizing windows

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 05:30:06 EST 2003

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:49:23 -0600,  "J. Landman Gay"
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>[...]
>Here are some other posts on a related subject (window titlebars), the first
>from Graham Samuel and the second is a Re to it from Ken Ray:

Just to say that I am successfully using the info given in the two
mails quoted in a published app - my particular requirement was to
make sure the actual window size (i.e. what's **inside** any
decorations) was maximised so that there was exactly enough room on
the screen for menu bars, toolbars and decorations and nothing else.
My publisher considers that this combines minimum distraction for the
user (a child) without compromising the familiar environment - i.e. a
kiosk-type arrangement is considered inappropriate. Of course without
Ken Ray I would not have known anything about the tricks Windows can
get up to to defraud one's expectations...

Graham