XML for interfaces

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 8 21:30:36 EST 2003

On Saturday, November 8, 2003, at 06:16  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Longhorn contains XAML: XML Application Markup Language. There are also
> several other XML-based systems for defining UIs:
>
> <http://xml.coverpages.org/userInterfaceXML.html>
>
> Any of these worth making importers/exporters for?
>
> I rather liked the idea of dampening XAML's thunder by making it easy
> port from the platform-specific XAML .Net framework (which few VB
> users like
> anyway) to omni-platform Rev, but maybe there's good reason to consider
> tools for other XML UI standards as well.
>
> What do you think?

What will they think of next?

Combine this with a business process markup language and the two XMLs
can go to work for you and collect your pay-check as well. This
combination could send the user interface and the business process with
the XML data for integration purposes. What a laugh, becoming
out-sourced by an algorithm.