Need Help Resizing windows

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Nov 8 02:13:00 EST 2003

Hi Tom,

>From Jacque:

> Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 12:49:23 -0600
> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Subject: Re: Need Help Resizing windows

>> I made the windows 800x600 thinking that it is a good standard to build
>> with. But the window does not work on an 800x600 display.
>> What gives? Has this been documented?
>
> Your stack needs to account for the space used by the menu bar and the
> dock.
------------
Another item is that, when you determine the space you have left to display,
you may need to set the window size in a preOpenStack handler. I'm looking
at one of my onscreen keyboard conversions in Rev for Mac OS 9.2.1., where I
wanted fullscreen graphics, i.e., no window frame, no window controls, no
menubar.

Here's the preOpenStack handler:

on preOpenStack
  set the rect of stack "VirtualKeyboard 1.0.rev" to "0,0,800,600"
  set the decorations of stack "VirtualKeyboard 1.0.rev" to "empty"
  set the resizeable of stack "VirtualKeyboard 1.0.rev" to "false"
  hide menuBar
end preOpenStack

HTH,
Ken N.