GIF animation problem

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 18:08:56 EST 2003

Thanks for the replies.

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:35:06 -0800, Mark Powell <Mark.Powell at veritas.com> wrote:
>:
>
>Have you ever seen animated GIFs overlap in any other environment?

Yes - even in Rev. The 'extra' factor seems to be the fact that the
GIFs are being seen 'through' the transparent buttons whose icons
they provide, BUT...

Convinced that I was looking at an RR bug, I tried to isolate the
problem in a simple stack and couldn't do it - i.e. my original setup
(overlapping transparent buttons whose icons are animated GIFs)
worked. So it's got to be my fault, or at worst a combination of
factors that must be avoidable.

Sorry for using up bandwidth - if the problem remains interesting,
I'll tell the list what it was.

Graham