using stacks online

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Fri Nov 7 11:27:41 EST 2003

>Klaus Major  wrote:
>

>Hi Judy and Steven,
>
>>  Same here...
>>
>>  Judy
>>
>  > On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Stephen Messimer wrote:
>  >> Hi,
>>>  I vaguely remember that someone was using Revolution stacks over the
>>>  web in such a way that the stack was useable but wasn't actually
>>>  downloaded to the end-user.
>>>
>>>  I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a little
>  >> direction regarding how to implement such an arrangement.
>
>Do you mean this one:
>
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~tfurukaw/RunRev/dbindex.html

This is a revelation to me. I guess I should have figured out from
Richard's GoRevNet that such web based applications were possible,
but this RunRev database on the Web reveals a potential which I
didn't appreciate.

I am grateful for all the good information on this site, but it
begins a bit beyond my level of experience.

I understand in the most general terms what a server is. But I have
no idea how I might turn my computer into one. Is there a terminal
program on the Mac, for instance, in which one might execute the
command: (chmod +x revolution)?

Jim