revGoURL help

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Nov 6 14:04:24 EST 2003

Hi Roger,

> I've got a file "Gen.html" on my desktop (OS X) along with my RunRev
> application.
> The following script will open "Gen.html" while in Runtime but the
> Standalone does not work:
>
> on mouseUp
>   set the itemDelimiter to "/"
>   put (item 1 to -2 of the effective fileName of this stack)&"/" into
> myFolderName
>   get "file:"&myFolderName&"gen.html"
>   revGoURL it  --- This works in Runtime but not in standalone
> end mouseUp
>
> I do have Internet Script Libraries checked  in the Distribution
> Builder.  Can anyone help?

Sounds like a path problem...

On OS X things are a little different than on other platforms ;-)

When in dev-mode "item 1 to -2 of the effective fileName of this stack"
will return
what you exspect...

But when you build a standalone this will return something what you
obviously
don't exspect... (And now to something completely different! :-)

You have to see it to believe it ;-)

Control-Click your standalone and select "Show contents" (or something
like this...)
Then this folder will open and reveal another folder "Contents"...
Another doubleclick will reveal 2 more folders and some files...

Open the folder "MacOS" and you will find a file named "Revolution"...

Now THIS is your original stack you build the standalone from, with the
engine
wrapped around it...

And THIS FOLDER (Appname.app/Contents/MacOS/)!!! is what
"item 1 to -2 of the effective fileName of this stack"
will return in an OS X standalone...

So what can you do?

In this case "the directory" will be the right place :-)
A.k.a "the defaultfolder" or "the folder"

Try this (i do it all the time and it works fine :-D)

on mouseUp
   set the itemDelimiter to "/"
   if the environment = "development" then
      put (item 1 to -2 of the effective fileName of this stack)&"/"
into myFolderName
      get "file:"&myFolderName&"gen.html"
    else
       get "file:gen.html"
       ##no need to specify a folder, since we ARE in the correct folder
automatically
    end if
    revGoURL it  --- This works in Runtime but not in standalone
end mouseup

See the RR dictionary for "environment"

Hope that helps...

> Thanks, Roger