Develop on Windows or Mac?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Thu Nov 6 05:52:11 EST 2003

Roger,

Be cool with flamebait...

Here at work, we have more than one folder with THOUSANDS of files for our

business, DBA, SAN, backups reporting among others...

In a 3TB fileserver you need something that can handle oh-so-many files!
I wont discuss the icons issue naturally...

On the MacOS however, I remember leaving work disgusted by the poor
so-called-
superior-high-tech OS trying to list something so mundane as a two
thousand files...

No wonder I needed 3 Macs to work!

I havent tried it on OSX since I gave it MacOS after seeing my new Mac
8500
being unable to use OSX (I had a beta and it was SO slow...) And for 1/4
the price

I got a machine that was not just 5 times faster, it turned laps around my
3 macs,
I never missed a MacOS app other than HC... Instead I got a serious bunch
of cool
games that never came to Macs... As a race buff, this was a big plus!

I like to have a nice OS but one that really works at my level!

Emulating windows was still a joke then...

Xavier Bury
TNS NT LAN Server
ext 6465

jbv <jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr>