Converting times

JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au JonathanC at ag.nsw.gov.au
Wed Nov 5 22:38:47 EST 2003

Thanks Sarah, Jacque and Monte for your investigations. So, it looks like
Daylight saving is the culprit!
I'm still puzzled as to why I get the 2-hour discrepancy with dateItems:

ask "Enter a time:" with "8:17 am"
convert it to dateItems
convert it to short time
put it

=> 10:17 am

Also, since "8:17 am" Aust. Eastern Summer Time" = 7:17 am Aust Eastern
Standard Time, I can't understand why the time went FORWARD on
reconversion,not back.

FWIW, here's a few other experiments I did after receiving the last few