Develop on Windows or Mac?

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Nov 5 17:07:19 EST 2003

Hi Paul,

I develop entirely using Mac OS X, but mostly FOR Macs (OS X & OS 9). I
have built a couple of apps for Windows and apart from the look & feel
which you just have to check on a Windows machine, the only problem I
have had was due to using Mac-only characters in scripts.

For me, this was primarily the not-equals sign (option-equals on a Mac
keyboard), but less-than-or-equal-to and greater-than-or-equal-to
(option < and option >) will also fail when running under Windows. I am
now trying to re-train myself to use the longer versions as a built app
gives no error messages and it can be very puzzling to work out why a
script just totally fails to run.

As regards the type of license you should get, I would recommend one
Studio and one Enterprise. Then you can develop on both platforms but
do the final build using Studio on your main platform, so avoiding the
"Made with Revolution" message on shutdown.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/