Develop on Windows or Mac?

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Nov 5 11:17:51 EST 2003

> Paul,
>
> I've developed projects for both machines.  You will be more
> productive, and faster on the Mac than
> in the Windows environment - fewer quirks, crashes, etc.  Then move
> your project over to the Windows
> environment to work out the bugs there for that operating system.
>
> That's my 2 cents.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Rick Harrison

More productive, and faster? I work in a mixed environment of PC's and
Mac's, and that is not the situation here at all. On OS X, put about
10,000 files of any kind into a folder (write a repeat loop to create them
as a test), then open the folder in the finder. Put a stop-watch on that
pretty colorful spinning ball. Do the same on a Windows PC... the folder
will open with all files listed in about 2 seconds.

Another - Rev specific speed test. Write a repeat loop to create about 200
Rev objects on a card. Distribute them all over the card. Make it a mix of
buttons and fields, and a few imported small gif files. Now, using the
selection tool, select all of the elements by dragging around them. How
long does it take for the selections to catch-up with what you selected.
Do the same on a PC. OK... Any Questions?

Roger Eller
roger.e.eller at sealedair.com