Develop on Windows or Mac?

Paul Stary paul at starytech.com
Tue Nov 4 19:51:21 EST 2003

I have used Mac since 1984, but have developed some reasonable PC
skills in the last 10 years. I still work on Mac for personal
productivity, but find myself moving lots of my engineering stuff to
PC just because that's the world view.

Since I am soon to have both a G4 1.25 GHz. (Dual Boot) w/1.5 GB RAM
running OS 9.2.2 and a Pentium 4 2.66 GHz, 533 FSB, 1 GB RAM XP
machines available to me for a massive Revolution development
project, which one should I develop on?

For instance, is Rev 2.1 any more or less stable on Mac or Windows?
Are features more or less accessible on one platform vs. the other?
Which will machine will run Revolution faster? (I'm guessing the PC
as much as it pains me to say)

The project will ultimately run on Windows, so isn't there an
advantage in developing on a Windows machine?

Any input will be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to spend the
extra money for Enterprise for the option when I wind up never
running the development environment on both machines. Does it make
sense to consider buying both Mac and Windows versions of Studio
($598) vs. the $999 Enterprise if I never plan to develop on other
OS's?

Thanks.
--

Paul Stary