ideas wanted for secure display of media resources

Ian Wood ian at azurevision.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 05:27:35 EST 2003

This is a nice idea, but you will have trouble on Windows due to the
wonders of the random drive letter assigned to the optical drive.  I've
run into this problem when creating a QuickTime CD portfolio.  With
LiveStage you could set the sprite to check for the presence/contents
of an XML file in the same folder as the QT movies, but if someone
realises what the XML file is for they can just copy that over as well.

I suspect the 'delete on suspend' trick is likely to be your best bet.

Ian Wood
Panoramic photography, from web to billboard, sunrise to moonrise
http://www.azurevision.co.uk