Making Windows application icons on Mac

Paul Stary paul at starytech.com
Tue Nov 4 00:53:28 EST 2003

Alex & Mark,

I checked the length of the successful Windows icon file built by
BMPtoICO and Resorcerer reports the data fork as exactly 744. Norton
Disk Editor also showed 744 bytes.

Are you using a file editor to check the size? Desktop info may not
report the actual file size but rather the block size required to
store the file.

Paul Stary

>On Nov 3, 2003, at 8:29 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>>Paul-
>>
>>Hmmm. Windows icon files are 766 bytes long under my Win2k systems.
>
>My file produced by bmp2ico is also 766 bytes in length. Maybe Rev
>has got then length long in it's error message?
>
>Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | <http://mindlube.com>
>
>what a waste of thumbs that are opposable
>to make machines that are disposable  -Ani DiFranco

Paul Stary
Audio-Video Engineering
Voice Mail: (949) 646-8877
Fax: (949) 515-3640