ideas wanted for secure display of media resources

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Nov 3 22:37:13 EST 2003

One technique you can use with QuickTime is to create a Wired Sprite
that will only play from a specific directory.  The sprite will check
what directory the media is playing from when you open it and if it
isn't the correct one it will refuse to play the movie.  You need to
have access to a program like LiveStage Pro (totallyhip.com) in order
to do this but it is a pretty good way of making sure people don't pass
your media around and it won't have much of an impact (if any) on
performance.

I haven't tried this from within Revolution but I have used similar
techniques on the web to secure song files.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com