Revolution Pricing...

Jason Rippetoe jason at rippetoe.com
Mon Nov 3 13:00:40 EST 2003

> $75 for the "Express" version is not prohibitive even for amateurs,
> unless they are only looking for free software.

Hi All;

New to Revolution and it's been years since I worked with HyperCard,
but I've learned a lot by lurking here. Unlike many of you, I am not a
professional developer and the purchase of Revolution is not something
I'll make up through sales of my skills or services. I'm nearing the
end of my 30-day evaluation and expect I'll have to pass on some money
to the Revolution folks shortly, but my ears perked up at the quoting
of the $75 price for the Express version that was mentioned frequently
in the (rather fascinating) "Losing the Amateur," thread.

Since I'm one of those amateurs that is counting pennies (or in my
case, baht) in deciding whether to buy Revolution, I would welcome a
$75 option, since the Rev Web site only offers a $149 price for the
Express version. Am I missing something? Is there better pricing
available for Revolution then that offered direct from the source?

Cheers!

-Jason