Losing the amateur

SteelWeaver52 at aol.com SteelWeaver52 at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 01:20:09 EST 2003

A user said:

>And, I believe, contrary to what most of us supporting and
>promoting MC over the years thought we were supporting and promoting.
>Like Ryno Swart, ``I am just a bit disappointed.''  Forget that: I am
>totally disappointed.

Frankly, I can't get into this sentiment.  I really can't.

The only thing RunRev can do is make you an offer of a software
product in exchange for pieces of paper with pictures of Presidents
on them (or the Queen, or whatever).   This offer essentially increases
the number of options currently available to you.

If this exchange advances your position, then make the exchange.

If the exchange does not advance your interests, then you are
free to manage your affairs the way you would have if RunRev had
never made the offer in the first place.

So, the worst you can do is maintain your position.  The best you
can do is advance your position, if the RunRev product happens
to hold more value than the paper with the pictures of the Presidents.

Well, I guess there is a third option: you can produce a product
even BETTER than RunRev, and provide it to customers at
LOWER COST than RunRev!

That would teach those sinister guys at RunRev a lesson!

---Tom Nally, New Orleans