FMODforRev Internet Streaming

WIlliam Griffin bill at igame3d.com
Sun Nov 2 12:29:36 EST 2003

Hey folks,
I suspected that we could do streaming files from the net with
FMODforRev external.
But didn't get a chance to test it until the other night.
Here's how
I made a field and put the URL in it and did on return in field but
of course you could do buttons or a list of URLS and mouseUp handle or
such.
I put a new button in the FMOD Example stack so everything was already
set to go, as far as setting up the external goes..
You will need to add you own to the one you downloaded today

on mouseUp
   put 1 into TheChannelNum
--- here's the URL i used you could of course replace with your own
choice of streaming music URL
  put "http://205.188.234.65:8006" into theSoundPath  -- philosomatika
my favorite internet radio trance
   set the curSndChan of me to FfROpenAndPlayStream(theSoundPath,-1)
end mouseUp

Shaaazam! music over the internet.

As before the FMODforRev stack and external are available here:
Mac Version: http://www.igame3d.com/FMODforRev.sit
PC Version: http://www.igame3d.com/FMODforRev.zip

Just remember to COPY the FMODforRev external to the Revolution
application path, before opening your stack.

William Griffin & Tobias Opfermann.
info at igame3d.com