Screen Flicker on WindowShape Change

Igor Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Sat Nov 1 00:25:12 EST 2003

Dear Jacqueline,

Thank you for the info!

On 01/11/2003, at 2:04 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> When I change the windowShape of a stack (from using one image to
>> another as a shape mask), regardless of whether I 'lock screen', I
>> always get a bad screen flicker.
>
> It can't be avoided. The OS draws the window, and the old window has
> to be erased.

Damn! I should have realised that...

Nevertheless, I seem to remember someone mentioning a trick which
involved taking a screen shot, and making screen transitions between
screen shots somehow... Does anyone remember what that was in regards
to, and whether that would work in this context?

Many, many thank,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto