Active X support

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat May 31 18:38:02 EDT 2003

Recently, Edwin Gore wrote:

> Well, I don't know of any way that I can calculate the DISCID of an Audio CD
> using just RunRev. The disc ID is a 8-digit hexadecimal (base-16) number,
> computed using data from a CD's Table-of-Contents (TOC) in MSF (Minute Second
> Frame) form. I can't find any support for accessing redbook CDs anywhere in
> RunRev.
>
> I'm not saying it's not possible, just that I can't find a way to do it.

On Windows, info about CDs can be gathered using MCI
(http://www.tactilemedia.com/info/MCI_Control_Info.html).  On Mac OS9, I'd
guess you'd use externals.  On OSX, I have no clue (is there even a system
level way to control CD playback other than AppleScripting iTunes or similar
player?), but maybe somebody else knows.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director

Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design