Active X support

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Sat May 31 17:31:01 EDT 2003

This was brought up again recently, and a while back when I was looking at adding freeDB support to my CD cataloging application, and I never got a firm answer for it, so I'm going to ask again.

Are there any plans to add ActiveX support to metaCard/RunRev? It seems like a no brainer since it would improve compatibility with legacy ToolBook apps, and since there is already support for the Mac-only XCMD standard. Adding ActiveX support would open up access to thousands of extremely useful ActiveX controls that have been developed for all sorts of purposes.

I decided to get RunRev because I wanted somethign that I could use to teach my daughter progamming concepts - I have not idea how to *really* program though, so creating my own Rev externals is pretty much out of the question, even though a lot of the ActiveX things I am interested have source code and could probably be adapted to RunRevs externals architecture, I ddon't have the skill to do that myself..being able to access ActiveX would allow me to do a whole bunch of neat stuff that I can't do on my own.