OT - Revolution and Its HyperCard Roots

Danny Grizzle danny at mogulhost.com
Sat May 31 15:38:01 EDT 2003

On 5/31/03 3:09 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand: don't single-user free standing applications
> constitute most software products?

Not in the database world. Even something seemingly as single-user as iTunes
is much more interesting as a network aware, not just iTunes Store, but on a
more basic level of CDDB interfacing.

The game going forward is database *integration*, not solo custom database
apps.

> What do you recommend for overcoming potential perception issues?

Avoiding evangelizing Revolution as the heir of Hypercard. In front of
business, that plays like Eddie Murphy's character in "Coming To America."
Royalty doesn't matter when the lineage is beside the point (in the real
world, daddy won't make a grand entrance in the end to resolve the story
line).

Danny Grizzle