Books on RunRev

miscdas at boxfrog.com miscdas at boxfrog.com
Sat May 31 14:15:02 EDT 2003

Judy Perry writes:

> But adopted by some for that very tie-in reason.
>
> It would be a shame to for this sort of rationale to result in turning
> Hypercard into the old, fuddy-duddy grandfather we're ashamed of
> ocknowledging in public...
>
> :(
>
> Judy
>
> On Fri, 30 May 2003, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>
>> On 5/30/03 11:19 AM, Danny Grizzle wrote:
>>
>> > I would be careful about tying Revolution too closely to HyperCard.
>> >
>> > HyperCard is Apple-centric, and a failed product. Revolution needs to stand
>> > on its own merit; the HyperCard tie-in will only serve to have it dismissed
>> > out of hand by Windows/Linux/Unix users.
>>
>> And by some Mac users as well.
>>
>> --
Like most things one tries to sell, packaging is used to appeal to target
markets. So, who is the market? Win/'Nix users? Mac users? All of the above?
Keeping the target in mind during writing, and especially during the
marketing phase, will tend to temper the HyperCard tie-in appropriately.

miscdas