Books on RunRev

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat May 31 14:03:01 EDT 2003

On Saturday, May 31, 2003, at 11:54 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> It appears that there are a good amount of people hear that would be
> interested in being able to crack open a book on Rev as well.  Are you
> proposing that we come together and work on a book?   I love the
> O'Reilly books.  What animal would we put on it?

Revolution has become very broad in scope.  Any general book will have
holes and be otherwise thin.

It might be easier to target:  Graphics with Revolution.  Build Simple
Database Stacks with Revolution.  Revolution and Music.  Scientific
Programming with Revolution.

I fear the markets for those might be small, but maybe not.  I guess
those can be sections in a book that is recognizably lacking in other
areas.

Also...  I would be more likely to get a book that is organized by
subjects like "graphics" than one that walks me through building a CD
database or one that goes through the commands and functions in
alphabetical order.  Some people would like to recognize and skip over
the "advanced graphics" section, too.

Dar Scott