Stack and Substacks... And I love Revolution 2!

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat May 31 02:01:00 EDT 2003

************
> Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:13:39 -0700
> From: Stephen Barncard <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com>
> Subject: Re: Stack and Substacks... And  I love Revolution 2!
>

>> Just to clarify further, you can't save data to an application on
>> Mac OS either.
>
> Gee that's funny, I've been doing that for years. What about Resources?
Only Macs have resource forks so files can automatically save to themselves,
i.e., the data, including any changes/updates, becomes part of the resource
fork of the stack (Hypercard) or project (SuperCard). RR uses the MetaCard
engine which is cross-platform. Since PC's under Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.,
do _not_ have resource forks, their files cannot save to themselves.
Therefore, in order to remain consistant across all platforms, RR stacks do
not save to themselves on Macs either.

Does that help?

Ken N.