Develloping a registrationsystem

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri May 30 18:15:01 EDT 2003

Malte Brill wrote:

>I´ve been working on a small registration concept
>recently. I´ve got a stack that generarates a
>registration code of 8 characters taken
>from name and a codeword e.g. email adress.

Hi Malte,

I'm interested too in some code that permits a stack
to runs only in the machine in which it was installed.

Those machine are running Windows XP.
I've read about getting the hard disk serial number
in the Developers Tips from Ken Ray's website.

My guess is that a combination of the serial of
the hard disk and the ID number of the Ethernet card
could be a good combination. But, I don't know how to
get the id of the ethernet card.

What other kind of unchangeable and specific
hardware data can we collect from within
this enviroment?

Maybe there is a simpler way to do this.
Any help or ideas is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Alejandro

=====